BLK LBL - Gris + Riesling 
OUR EXPERIMENTAL 'B-SIDES'. THE OUTLET WE NEED TO FLEX OUR CREATIVE WINEMAKING MUSCLE.
Our PG/19 Pinot Gris is one of our cornerstones, but if you want to improve you always need to be willing to look at the world through new perspectives.
Often these experiments are fruitless failures, but now and then the results are too good to keep secret. This is one of those times.
80% Pinot Gris + 20% Riesling. 100% Vinteloper.
Flamboyant pear spices lead along with a gentle wax and jasmine aroma. Backed by faint roasted cashew and brown lime finishing up dry and mouthwatering.
This wine has a generosity not usually seen in PG/19 Pinot Gris thanks to the longer maturation time prior to bottle.
TO SEE IF YOU CAN FLY FIRST YOU HAVE TO LEAP.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Experimental components of PG/19 Pinot Gris and R/19 Riesling
- Adelaide Hills + Clare Valley + South Australia.
WHAT WE DID TO IT
- Varying degrees of barrel fermentation and maturation would be the most significant winemaking changes.
- Wild yeast components running a-typical fermentation parameters (nerd speak for we fermented the batches differently)
- Held back prior to bottling for 11 months vs the usual 5-6 months. In that time we aged these batches on their yeast lees to promote generosity and creaminess.
WHAT WE MATCH IT WITH
- Lemon Parsley Roasted Chicken served with a simple Iceberg lettuce wedge with buttermilk dressing and anchovy.
- ideal serving temperature 10 degrees.