CH/17 - Chardonnay
EVER HAVE THAT 'I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS AGES AGO' FEELING?
WE'RE HAVING IT RIGHT NOW, ABOUT MAKING CHARDONNAY.
IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME COMING BUT HAS BEEN WORTH THE WAIT.
It builds from the foundation of classic cool-climate Chardonnay.
The acid profile and structure support a bang-pop of grapefruit pith and complex ripe stone fruit.
From the immediately powerful fruit weight, you're soaking in a rich Chardonnay Chardonnay.
Without a doubt it is a full-bodied style. Showing it's complexity, depth balance and integration.
Sorry it has taken us this long...
What a shame we only made 624 bottles.
UNABRIEVIATED IN A FOMO WORLD.
WE'RE NOT SHYING AWAY FROM A CLASSIC STYLE; WITH A VINTELOPER TWIST.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Hand picked.
- Single Vineyard - Southern Adelaide Hills
- Grower: Anvers Vineyards - Razorback Rd.
- Harvest date: 21st March 2017
- Clone: Bernard 95
- Label drawing: @shazhong
WHAT WE DID TO IT
- After hand picking, chilled the fruit overnight for maximum freshness.
- Classic Chardonnay making - Whole bunch press to barrel for fermentation.
- Wild Yeast Fermentation. 100% barrel fermented.
- Extended Lees contact for some extra mid-palate weight.
WHAT WE MATCH IT WITH
- a 'F-it' attitude and some lobster tail.
- chargrilled late summer vegetables.
- ideal serving temperature 12 degrees.