MUSEUM RELEASE - PN/14 - Pinot Noir 2014
INTENTIONALLY HELD BACK FOR AN AGED RELEASE.
WE MAKE PINOT NOIR CHASING THAT ANALOGUE FEEL.
LIKE THE WARM SOUND OF YOUR FAVOURITE VINYL.
Pinot Noir is unrelenting. The toughest challenge for any grape grower and winemaker.
The greater the obstacle the more glory in overcoming it.
In its first life, 2014 was a lean yet complex wine.
The perfume of sour cherry, mineral earth and spice led, but with time we see a second wave of charred oak, cigar and cherry cola.
FROM OUR CELLAR TO YOUR WINE RACK.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Single vineyard. Norton Summit, Adelaide Hills.
- Planted 1990
- North facing slope. N/S orientation
- Clone D5V12
- Elevation: 400m
- Grower: Andrew Zaharoyannis
- Label Art: @shazhong
WHAT WE DID TO IT.
- 33% Whole bunches.
- matured for 11 months in French oak.
- 33% new oak.
- bottled without fining or filtration.
WHAT WE PAIR IT WITH?
- Those friends who know good wine and will appreciate it.
- Anytime we're looking for lighter style red, with class and purity, this is our go-to.