PG/20 - Pinot Gris
PINOT GRIS THAT'S INFORMATIVE AND DELICIOUS IN THE SAME MOUTHFUL.
We know wine can be transcendent, and after initial bursts of freshness, our Pinot Gris is all about the funk and soul.
Taking its cue from the faint hue of orange/grey from extended skin contact, the tropical aromas of poached pear and peach jump straight out of the glass. In the mouth the stone fruits are there, with cinnamon and vanilla pod spice, building generosity as it unfurls.
WE SAY IT'S LIKE THE MUHAMMAD ALI OF PINOT GRIS. FLOATS LIKE A BUTTERFLY. STINGS LIKE A BEE.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Usually, it's partly grown by us at our home vineyard, but thanks to the Adelaide Hills Bushfire in December 2019, our crop was lost.
- Two other family farmers who give a sh** stepped up and allocated us some more grapes for the 2020 harvest.
- Adelaide Hills. Lenswood and Kuitpo sub-regions.
- Cold Climate - for fresh aromatics
- Harvest date: 3rd March 2020 & 11th March 2020
- Label drawing: @shazhong
WHAT WE DID TO IT
- Partial skin contact - for a blush of colour and style.
- Wild Yeast - gives it that funky, natural edge.
- extended lees contact - for creaminess and texture.
- 35% barrel fermented
WHAT WE MATCH IT WITH
- First and foremost, with good friends and a few laughs.
- Fennel, Walnut, and blue cheese salad.
- Anything involving Pork.