PN/18 - Pinot Noir
MADE CHASING THAT ANALOGUE FEEL, LIKE THE WARM SOUND OF YOUR FAVOURITE VINYL. IT'S FINE AND FLORAL FROM HAND TENDED VINES.
This is analogue wine. Pure, like a classic car, it oozes raw style.
A lean yet complex wine, like Pinot should be.
It hits you with the perfume of sour cherry, spice and freshly turned earth to lead out, supported by rose petals & turkish delight.
As you ease into the palate our light-handed touch becomes apparent with the wonderful tension it carries. Backed by dried herb, ground cinnamon and woodsmoke, it's pure in feel with many years of great drinking ahead for the patient.
Measured vineyard inputs, precise harvest timing & minimal intervention winemaking are the technically important features here.
Our belief is that production of Pinot Noir is rarely without obstacle. That's why we love it & praise those accomplished seasons. 2018 was a season that taught us a lot, and was one we will reflect on for all its positives.
EVERYONE NEEDS A GO-TO PINOT ON THEIR WINE RACK.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Single vineyard. Kuitpo, Adelaide Hills.
- East facing. N/S orientation
- Clone MV6 & 777
- Elevation: 390m
- Grower: Ben Schmaal
- Label Art: @shazhong
WHAT WE DID TO IT.
- Harvested on 16th March 2018.
- 4 days cold soak prior to wild yeast fermentation.
- matured for 11 months in French oak.
- 25% new.
- bottled without fining or filtration.
WHAT WE PAIR IT WITH?
- Those friends who know good wine and will appreciate it.
- Anytime we're looking for lighter style red, with class and purity, this is our go-to.