PP/20 - Rosè
GREAT ROSÈ NEEDS TO FEEL REFRESHING; LIKE BITING INTO A PERFECTLY CRISP APPLE.
IT MUST BE CAREFREE, MODERN AND DRY.
ODDLY REFRESHING BUT LEAVE YOU SALIVATING.
We choose to push the boundaries of modern Rosè style by taking the path less travelled. With the Adelaide Hills Bushfire destroying our crop for this wine we had to get creative, and quick... Many friends came to our rescue, offering small batches of grapes from their vines. So even though this unusual blend features Semillon, Mencia and Dolcetto, it still has that Vinteloper DNA and that Boyz II Men harmony.
The lean and pale hue sucks you in before the cherry and strawberry underpinned by spiced nashi pear and almond meal smack your senses around a bit. There is some austerity and texture through the palate too, becoming flinty and dry until the freshness washes it all away.
EXPERIMENTING AND REFINING. COMBINING OUR STRENGTHS.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- A little bit of a mix for 2020. The Adelaide Hills, McLaren Vale and the Limestone Coast.
- Label drawing: @shazhong
WHAT WE DID TO IT
- 2020 was a 'different' season for us.
- Semillon + Mencia + Dolcetto.
- Semillon fermented over Tempranillo skins for that lean salmon hue with matching texture.
- Made sure it's dry.
- Expertly blended it for harmony, balance and all the feels.
- extended lees contact - for creaminess and texture.
WHAT WE MATCH IT WITH
- friends handing in the backyard or by the beach.
- a big ass plate of Oysters
- or whatever the hell you feel like at the time.