SH/17 - Shiraz
WE HANDCRAFT WINE FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE STYLE AND SUBSTANCE. SLIDE THIS ON THE TABLE WHEN YOU'RE LOOKING FOR THE COMPLETE PACKAGE.
Our 9th vintage of Shiraz, it's wrapped with layers of cool climate restraint yet it's generous where Shiraz needs to be.
The first thing that grabs your attention is the perfume. There are aromas jumping out everywhere!
It has the Vinteloper signature multi-layered bouquet of juicy fruit, clove, bay, pepper and dried apricot.
In the mouth it's got 'mentos' freshness. Fresh and full of life.
Then you're met with heavily spiced fruitcake, coffee grounds and blackcurrant juice.
Medium bodied feels with full bodied length and drive.
IMAGINE STANDING OUTSIDE A BANK, AFTER A HEIST, WITH A SACK FULL OF CASH. THAT RUSH LIVES IN EVERY GLASS.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Single Vineyard
- Adelaide Hills.
- Grower: Phillip Boyd-Turner. Glengrove Vineyard, Kangarilla Hills.
WHAT WE DID TO IT
- Minimal intervention
- Wild Yeast
- 100% French Oak. 33% New.
- 18 months matured in Oak.
- 7 months maturation in bottle prior to release.
- Production. 5232 bottles
- Label Art: @shazhong
MATCH IT WITH
- Life's little wins.
- A hearty shared feast
- sold out too fast we couldn't get it rated.
- Gold Medal - Adelaide Hills Wine Show 2017
- 95 points / 4.5 Stars - Winestate Magazine.
- 4 stars - Toni Paterson MW - The Real Review
- 98pts - Decanter Magazine - June 2018