TN/16 - Touriga Nacional
WITH THE TEXTURE OF SOFT SALTED CARAMEL, TOURIGA NACIONAL WARMS YOUR SOUL. LOW & SLOW.
Touriga Nacional is thought to have originated from the Dao region of Portugal and today is known as the preeminent variety of Portuguese red wine. A vine that grows robustly in warm conditions it's perfectly suited to the climate & soil conditions of Langhorne Creek.
Harvested relatively early the aim is a contemporary, complex flavoured yet medium bodied style. Restraint allows us to capture the alluring & distinct characteristics of the variety. It grabs your attention, immediately.
FEELS LIKE THE WARMTH YOU GET FROM A CLOUDLESS, SUN DRENCHED WINTER AFTERNOON.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Single Vineyard.
- 23-year-old vines.
- Grown by Peter & Vicky Widdop
- Region: Langhorne Creek
- Just 1km from Lake Alexandrina this vineyard is heavily maritime influenced.
WHAT WE DID TO IT
- Allowed wild yeast to do their thing.
- Left in contact with skins for 15 days
- half matured in French Oak
- the other half matured in American Oak
- 12 month maturation
- Label Art: @shazhong
WHAT WE MATCH IT WITH
- This is absolutely the easiest wine to match with food.
- From Charcuterie to Slow Cooked Lamb to Chocolate.
- It's the wine we suggest you have open every night of the week.
- TROPHY! 2017 Langhorne Creek Wine Show:
Best Red or White Wine made from alternative or other varieties.
- we're pretty confident there are more to come...