OPN/16 - ODEON Pinot Noir
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR LUXURY WITH AN ADDED EDGE, THIS IS IT.
JUST 1488 BOTTLES PRODUCED.
HANDCRAFTED IN THE ADELAIDE HILLS, TURN HEADS AS YOU SLIDE THIS ON THE TABLE.
After a hiatus from the 2015 vintage, ODEON Pinot Noir makes its return from 2016.
Arguably a step up from the last release (2014), it continues to be the best wine we've ever put in a bottle.
Our neighbour, Robb Cootes, owns the most immaculate, well managed, near perfect, organic & sustainably managed vineyard we have ever seen. His vineyard is a beautiful reflection of his core personal values, and this wine a tribute to his vision that began over 30 years ago.
THE PERFECT GIFT, FOR SPECIAL MOMENTS AND CREATING MEMORIES.
The facade is delicate and tense. It's the potency that follows is breathtaking, and it's in that first sip you start to understand the difference between good and exceptional.
The ultra-lean colour is the hallmark of this vineyard. Emerging from the pale hue are flocks of floral, spice, tart cherry, cinnamon and dried herb. Next is earth, woodsmoke and orange rind freshness. The structure is shocking. Muscular.
A wolf in sheep's clothing.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Single Vineyard. Lenswood, Adelaide Hills.
- Planted 1986
- Steep east facing slope. E/W row orientation.
- Clone D5V12
- 460-510m elevation.
- Grower: Robb Cootes
WHAT WE DID TO IT
- Hand harvested on March 8th 2016
- Crushed it manually by hand and foot.
- Natural yeast fermentation.
- 40% whole bunches included. Plus 10% extra stems
- Matured in French Oak for one year. 50% new.
- Aged in bottle for 1 year prior to release.
- Bottles produced: 1488
- Label Art: @fauxnonfaux