OR/17 - ODEON Riesling
WHEN YOU'RE FEELING THE THIRST FOR EXTRAVAGANCE, WE'RE WITH YOU.
EMBRACE IT WITH ODEON RIESLING, MADE FOLLOWING THE PATH LESS TRAVELLED.
Here at Vinteloper we're having a debate about nature vs nurture. In winemaking, which is best?
Made from exactly the same grapes as R/17 Riesling, the artistic framework of ODEON Riesling is to intervene as little as possible and let nature take its course. The Art side of our Art vs Science debate.
No additions. Natural yeast fermentation in old french oak barrels. After fermentation we allow the wine to mature in oak through the winter, settling naturally prior to bottling.
It's citrus fruit and blossom wrapped in honey glazed toasted muesli. Spice, ginger and mineral undertones build through the impressively long finish. Drinking wonderfully now, the body and acidity of this wine will see it reward cellaring for 10+ years.
AUSTRALIAN RIESLING, JUST NOT AS YOU KNOW IT. ALL THE FRILLS.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Single Vineyard.
- Region: Watervale, Clare Valley
- Elevation: 440m
- Harvested 17th March 2017 (a month later than 2016!)
- Grower: Bryksys Hill Vineyard.
WHAT WE DID TO IT
- After harvest, we kept our influence to a minimum.
- Natural yeast fermentation
- Fermented, then matured in french oak for 10 months.
- 9 months to relax in bottle prior to release.
- Production: 900 bottles. Bottled and labelled by hand.
- Label Art: @fauxnonfaux
WHAT WE PAIR WITH IT?
- Anywhere other Riesling would suit is a great start.
- It stands up to broader, earthier flavours.
- Think outside the box and try something unique.
- It sings with West African cuisine, like Senegalese Chicken Yassa.