PARK WINE / WHITE / 2018
PARK WINE. FOR DRINKING IN THE PARK. MADE AND PACKAGED IGNORING THE RULES WE SUGGEST YOU EMBRACE THE SAME SPIRIT IN THE DRINKING.
IT'S GEWÜRZTRAMINER + SAUVIGNON;
IMPOSSIBLE TO PRONOUNCE BUT EASY TO SWALLOW.
Park Wine has no rules. It's for fun, enjoyment and a laugh when you pull out the bottle. Preconceived ideas exist all around. The notion of Gewürztraminer as a sweet wine is one of those strongest notions.
Gewürtz has the most informative aromatics you'll find in the world of wine. Bright and lively, it's as if you've rushed into a Turkish delight factory. An assault on the senses.
Pumped up with some fumè style Sauvignon from Lenswood in the Adelaide Hills, we're committed to challenging the generally accepted style of both varieties by making a skin-contact white, so dry it's like walking barefoot through the desert.
Made like a red wine, we allowed wild fermentation, leaving the wine in contact with the skins for 14 days. Picked a little earlier than some might, the battle is to keep it focussed after all that time on skins. Pressed to old oak barrels where it stayed for the next 3 months, then bottled directly from the barrels, no fancy filters.
FIND A PARK. NO FANCY GLASS NEEDED.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Would be significant if the wine was serious. It's not.
- 70% Gewurztraminer; pronounced [ge 'vyat stra mi na]
- you'll sound like a pro if you call it Gewürtz.
- 30% Sauvignon Blanc - but not the way the Kiwi's make it.
- Label Art: @shazhong
WHAT WE DID TO IT
- Fun. Not facts.
- We refused to interfere with nature.
- un-fined & unfiltered [so expect it to be cloudy.]
- 11.5% alc/vol
- Harvest date: 15th March 2017
- Adelaide Hills.