OSH/16 - ODEON Shiraz
WE'VE LONGED TO MAKE A STATEMENT ABOUT WHO WE ARE.
JUST 749 BOTTLES PRODUCED.
OUR TRIBUTE TO SHIRAZ, AND TO THOSE WHO CHASE IT AROUND THE WORLD.
BROUGHT TO YOU AFTER A DECADE COMMITTED TO PERFECTING OUR INTERPRETATION OF SHIRAZ.
Treated with the kind of obsessive intent it takes to build a legacy wine, we've put years of study into the bottle here. Avicii said "One day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember". It's that spirit which fuelled our bravery to make ODEON Shiraz a reality.
THIS IS ONE FOR THE CELLAR. DRINK 2025-2035.
The power and elegance build rather than assault. You'll pick elements of dark fruit, mocha, dried bay and char as the structure builds to a crescendo.
The tannins are built to last, and we recommend cellaring for 10+.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Single Vineyard. Southern Adelaide Hills.
- Planted in 1999.
- Soil: Fertile rocky red/brown clay loam with rich organic matter.
- Slight North facing slope. N/S row orientation.
- Grower: Glengrove Vineyard. Phillip Boyd-Turner
WHAT WE DID TO IT
- Hand harvested on March 2nd 2016
- Crushed it manually by hand and foot.
- Natural yeast fermentation.
- 100% new French Oak maturation for 20 months.
- Large Format for delicate Oak integration.
- Aged in bottle for 6 months prior to release.
- Bottles produced: 749
- Label Art: @fauxnonfaux