PG/17 - Pinot Gris
DO YOU FOLLOW TRENDS, OR SET THEM?
WE PUSH THE BOUNDARIES OF STYLE. EXPERIMENTING, REFINING AND MAKING PINOT GRIS THAT'S INFORMATIVE AND DELICIOUS IN THE SAME MOUTHFUL.
It's like the Muhammad Ali of Pinot Gris. Float like a butterfly. Sting like a bee. We know wine can be transcendent, and after initial bursts of freshness, our Pinot Gris is all about the funk and soul.
Taking its cue from the faint hue of orange/grey from extended skin contact, the aromas of poached pear and peach jump straight out of the glass. In the mouth the stone fruits are there, with cinnamon and vanilla pod spice, building generosity as it unfurls.
IF YOU'VE GOT YOUR OWN STYLE, EXPRESS YOURSELF.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- two family farmers who give a sh**
- Southern Fleurieu + Adelaide Hills
- Cold Climate - for fresh aromatics
- Harvest date: 24th & 25th March 2017
- Label drawing: @shazhong
WHAT WE DID TO IT
- Partial skin contact - for a blush of colour and style.
- Wild Yeast - gives it that funky, natural edge.
- extended lees contact - for creaminess and texture.
- 35% barrel fermented
WHAT WE MATCH IT WITH
- First and foremost, with good friends and a few laughs.
- Fennel, Walnut, and blue cheese salad.
- Anything involving Pork.