PG/19 - Pinot Gris
WE PUSH THE BOUNDARIES OF STYLE. EXPERIMENTING, REFINING AND MAKING PINOT GRIS THAT'S INFORMATIVE AND DELICIOUS IN THE SAME MOUTHFUL.
We say it's like the Muhammad Ali of Pinot Gris. Floats like a butterfly. Stings like a bee. We know wine can be transcendent, and after initial bursts of freshness, our Pinot Gris is all about the funk and soul.
Taking its cue from the faint hue of orange/grey from extended skin contact, the tropical aromas of poached pear and peach jump straight out of the glass. In the mouth the stone fruits are there, with cinnamon and vanilla pod spice, building generosity as it unfurls.
IF YOU'VE GOT YOUR OWN STYLE, EXPRESS YOURSELF.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Partly grown by us at our home vineyard.
- Partly by two other family farmers who give a sh**
- Adelaide Hills + Fleurieu
- Cold Climate - for fresh aromatics
- Harvest date: 28th February 2019 & 4th March 2019
- Label drawing: @shazhong
WHAT WE DID TO IT
- Partial skin contact - for a blush of colour and style.
- Wild Yeast - gives it that funky, natural edge.
- extended lees contact - for creaminess and texture.
- 35% barrel fermented
WHAT WE MATCH IT WITH
- First and foremost, with good friends and a few laughs.
- Fennel, Walnut, and blue cheese salad.
- Anything involving Pork.