PN/16 - Pinot Noir
MADE CHASING THAT ANALOGUE FEEL, LIKE THE WARM SOUND OF YOUR FAVOURITE VINYL. IT'S FINE AND FLORAL FROM THE HAND TENDED VINES OF OUR HOME VINEYARD.
This is analogue wine. A classic car. Light in appearance yet bold where it needs to be.
It hits you with the perfume of cherry, mineral earth, rose petals & spice to lead out. Then its light-handed touch becomes immediately apparent as you ease into the palate. Layered & complex cherry, plum & berry fruits emerge then the second wave, minerality again, with thyme, cinnamon & woodsmoke. Unfurling as smooth as silk.
Measured vineyard inputs, precise harvest timing & minimal intervention winemaking are the technically important features here.
Our belief is that production of Pinot Noir is rarely without obstacle. That's why we love it & praise those accomplished seasons. 2016 was certainly one to remember.
THE GO-TO FRIDAY NIGHT WIND DOWN, THIS IS A MUST-HAVE ADDITION TO ANY WINE COLLECTION.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Single vineyard.
- Planted 1990.
- NNE facing. N/S orientation
- Clone D5V12.
- Elevation: 440m
- Grower: Vinteloper.
- Label Art: @shazhong
WHAT WE DID TO IT.
- 33% whole bunches + additional stems included up to 50% by weight.
- natural yeast fermentation.
- crushed throughout fermentation by hand and foot.
- matured for 11 months in French oak.
- 33% new.
- bottled without fining or filtration.
WHAT WE PAIR IT WITH?
- Those friends who know good wine and will appreciate it.
- Anytime we're looking for lighter style red, with class and purity, this is our go-to.