PN/19 - Pinot Noir
OFFICIALLY LAUNCHING APRIL 2020.
*AVAILABLE NOW FOR LIMITED PRE-RELEASE SHIPMENT*
MADE CHASING THAT ANALOGUE FEEL, LIKE THE WARM SOUND OF YOUR FAVOURITE VINYL. IT'S FINE AND FLORAL FROM HAND TENDED VINES.
This is analogue wine. Pure, like a classic car, it oozes raw style.
It hits you with the perfume of sour cherry, spice and freshly turned earth to lead out, supported by rose petals & turkish delight. The classic Vinteloper Pinot Noir prologue.
As you ease into the palate our light-handed touch becomes apparent with the wonderful tension it carries. Backed by dried herb, ground cinnamon and woodsmoke, it's pure in feel with many years of great drinking ahead for the patient.
Measured vineyard inputs, collaboration between winemaker and grapegrower & minimal intervention winemaking are the technically important features here.
Our belief is that the production of Pinot Noir is rarely without obstacle. That's why we love it & praise those accomplished seasons. 2019 was a season that taught us a lot with the main lesson being that sometimes less really is more.
EVERYONE NEEDS A GO-TO PINOT ON THEIR WINE RACK.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Two vineyards. Kuitpo and Lenswood, Adelaide Hills.
- East facing. N/S orientation
- Clone MV6 / 777 / D5V12
- Elevation: Kuitpo - 390m. Lenswood - 440m.
- Growers: Ben Schmaal and Vinteloper
- Label Art: @shazhong
WHAT WE DID TO IT.
- Harvested on 13th March 2019.
- 4 days cold soak prior to wild yeast fermentation.
- matured for 11 months in French oak.
- 25% new.
- bottled without fining or filtration.
WHAT WE PAIR IT WITH?
- Those friends who know good wine and will appreciate it.
- Anytime we're looking for lighter style red, with class and purity, this is our go-to.