*PRE-ORDER* - CH/19 - Chardonnay
*AVAILABLE FOR LIMITED PRE-ORDER*
TO BE SHIPPED IN MARCH 2020.
EVER HAVE THAT 'I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS AGES AGO' FEELING?
WE'RE FEELING THAT ABOUT MAKING CHARDONNAY.
IT TOOK A DECADE BUT IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT.
Our foundation is classic cool-climate Chardonnay. Acid profile and structure support what is a flamboyant flavour profile. Expect a bang-pop of grapefruit pith and complex ripe stone fruit.
We nurture powerful fruit weight to ensure you'll be soaking in a rich and balanced Chardonnay. No doubting it is a full-bodied style, showing it's complexity, depth balance and integration.
UNABRIEVIATED IN A FOMO WORLD.
WE'RE NOT SHYING AWAY FROM A CLASSIC STYLE; WITH A VINTELOPER TWIST.
WHERE IT COMES FROM
- Single Vineyard - Southern Adelaide Hills
- Grower: Ben Schmaal - Range Rd, Kuitpo
- Harvest date: 7th March 2019
- Clone: Bernard 95
- Label drawing: @shazhong
WHAT WE DID TO IT
- After handpicking, chilled the fruit overnight for maximum freshness.
- Classic Chardonnay making - Whole bunch press to barrel for fermentation.
- Wild Yeast Fermentation. 100% barrel fermented.
- Extended Lees contact for some extra mid-palate weight.
WHAT WE MATCH IT WITH
- a 'F-it' attitude and some lobster tail.
- chargrilled late summer vegetables.
- ideal serving temperature 12 degrees.