So smooth you immediately understand why Touriga is Portugal’s top-dog red grape.
Like sucking on a soft salted caramel as you soak up the warm summer sunshine. It’s the low and slow-cooked brisket of red wine.
Royal Adelaide Wine Show 2021.
It really only needs one word. DELICIOUS. Following on from the great pedigree of 2016 and 2018, this one promises a lot. It leads with blueberry, violet, star anise, baking spice. With a uniquely rounded tannin profile coming to the fore, this is unmistakably Touriga. Combining the depth and flavour of a much bigger wine, it slides down the throat with alarming ease.
Where it comes from
- Single Vineyard.
- 28-year-old vines.
- Grown by Peter & Vicky Widdop
- Region: Langhorne Creek
- Just 1km from Lake Alexandrina this vineyard is heavily maritime influenced.
What we did to it
- Allowed wild yeast to do their thing.
- Left in contact with skins for 10 days
- Let the wine mature in French Oak for 18 months
- Label Art: @shazhong
What we match it with
- This is absolutely the easiest wine to match with food.
- From Charcuterie to Slow Cooked Lamb to Chocolate.
- It's the wine we suggest you have open every night of the week.
- TOP GOLD - Royal Adelaide Wine Show 2019
- GOLD Medal - Langhorne Creek Wine Show 2019
- It's got pedigree too. The 2016 vintage was a Trophy and multiple Gold Medal winner.