Timeless & Collectable.
A wine that will never be replicated.
The tribute to our vines that bore fruit before the 2019 bushfires.
Just 60 magnums available.
A 1.5L piece of history to savour.
This wine is a true expression of our site, soil, history, and a realisation of decades of toil. Created from the very last pick, before we lost our vines to the Cudlee Creek bushfire.
Intentionally made for your cellar, savour this bottle for the best moments life has to offer.
Wow there’s complexity here. You have to be methodical to categorise the flood of olfactory information. It opens with dark berry fruits and Christmas cake, with 5-spice and fennel. The opening is supported by seamless toasted oak integration and a hint of dried apricot and plum.
The first thing that grabs your attention is the perfume. There are aromas everywhere! It has the Vinteloper signature multi-layered bouquet of plum, cherry, boysenberry, rhubarb, dried fig, bay leaf and sage.
In the mouth, it's a true full-bodied style, fresh and vibrant with fine slatey tannins that melt in your mouth.
Where it comes from
- Vinteloper home vineyard. Samuel's Block.
- Single Vineyard.
- Harvest date: 15 March 2019, Adelaide Hills
- When does it come from? A time before all the chaos. A time we will always remember.
- Label design: Sharon Hong
What we did to it
- From as far back as pruning season 2018 this wine has been in the planning.
- Concentrating on the highest quality sections of Samuel's block, we set about making a wine from our vines that was truly world-class.
- Strategic vine pruning to balance yield per vine with the highest possible fruit quality.
- Long maceration on skins to extract all the fine tannin and complexity.
- Strategically selected French Oak (60% new) to support the structure and power of this wine.
- Patience throughout maturation, waiting until the perfect time to capture years of work in the bottle.
- Wild Yeast.
- 60% new French Oak.
- matured in Oak from March 2019 to August 2021.
- further matured in bottle prior to release from August 2021 to April 2022.
What we match it with
- The finest glassware in our cabinet.
- Our best Decanter.
- The memories of the toil.
- Your protein of choice, cooked over a fire, with charred autumn veg.
- Ideal serving temperature 15-18 degrees