We like Sparkling the way we like our cars.
Classically styled and built the old fashioned way.
This traditional method Adelaide Hills sparkling features the two varieties that are the backbone of our region.
Pinot Noir (60%), Chardonnay (40%)
Both from the 2016 vintage this bottle is an ode to the value of patience and time.
Pale Straw. The colour really does not reflect the 5+ years invested. Reminiscent of a toasty, buttery brioche bun!
Like lifting the lid to reveal the perfect macaron, there's a very pure almond meal aromatic when popping the cork. Struck match sulphide complexity upfront underpins the caramel, roasted cashew and bakers oven vibe.
A pure mineral backbone, with crunchy acidity and phenolics carries the long and persistent palate.
- Pinot Noir 60%
- Chardonnay 40%
- Alcohol 11.5% ABV
- Dosage 6.5g/L (RS)
What we did to it
- Hand harvest is critical for sparkling wines to ensure only the cleanest and most precise grapes are picked.
- Whole Bunch Pressed for gentle extraction of the juice.
- Fruit sourced from the Adelaide Hills
- Made in the Traditional Method (aka Methode Champenoise)
- Base wine fermented in stainless steel tank
- Tiraged November 2016 for second ferment in bottle
- 30% Malolactic Fermentation
- Aged for 5 years on lees before being disgorged in January, 2022
What we match it with
- Oysters, especially those from Pacific Estate Oysters at Stansbury on Yorke Peninsula.
- You've gotta keep it in the family...