With the texture of soft salted caramel, Touriga Nacional warms your soul. Low & slow.
Touriga Nacional is thought to have originated from the Dao region of Portugal and today is known as the preeminent variety of Portuguese red wine. A vine that grows robustly in warm conditions it's perfectly suited to the climate & soil conditions of Langhorne Creek.
Only 60 magnums produced. I'm in.
Wooden Box included.
It leads with ripe plum over signature lavender and violet, then it's blackcurrant Fruit Pastilles wrapped in that uniquely Touriga tannin profile. Harvested relatively early the aim is a contemporary, complex flavoured yet medium-bodied style. Restraint allows us to capture the alluring & distinct characteristics of the variety. Delicious.
Where it comes from
- Single Vineyard.
- 24-year-old vines.
- Grown by Peter & Vicky Widdop
- Region: Langhorne Creek
- Just 1km from Lake Alexandrina this vineyard is heavily maritime influenced.
What we did to it
- Allowed wild yeast to do their thing.
- Left in contact with skins for 14 days
- let the wine mature in French Oak for 14 months
- Label Art: @shazhong
What we match it with
- This is absolutely the easiest wine to match with food.
- From Charcuterie to Slow Cooked Lamb to Chocolate.
- It's the wine we suggest you have open every night of the week.
- It's got a pedigree.
- The 2016 vintage was a Trophy and multiple Gold Medal winner.
- 2018 is also a Gold Medal winner.